Monday, September 12, 2011

Truly Spoiled

I often think to myself what a lucky person I am ... I am living my dream, living in Paris! The City is so beautiful that it is like living on a movie set. I really couldn't ask for anything more ... well, maybe a job ;o)

Birthdays in Paris have really proven to me what a truly lucky and loved person I am. I have spent the past two birthdays in Paris which is a fantastic opportunity in itself ... but I feel like I have been extra spoiled with birthdays.

Last year Julie came all the way from Boston to celebrate my birthday with me and on the big day we went to the comedy show How to Become a Parisian in One Hour (see last Septembers post for tips on how to be Parisian). Then this year, Carmen who about two weeks ago just moved from Amsterdam to Geneva decided last minute to come to Paris for a long birthday weekend celebration. On the big day, we had tickets with a group of friends to an Opéra en plein air (open air opera) showing of Madame Butterfly in the courtyard of Invalides.

Picture taken with iPhone while waiting to entire Invalides

I was also fortunate enough to receive so many emails, texts, and facebook messages that I felt overwhelmed with love. Especially being so far away from my friends and family it means the world to me. Thank you so much!!!! I couldn't have asked for anything more ... I had an absolutely wonderful birthday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment