Thursday, September 30, 2010

Promenade Plantee

When Brianne arrived, I kind of dragged her on some not so typical touristy events. The first was a Promenade Plantee with my photography club (the 2nd and probably more exciting adventure was in the Bois de Boulogne - my next post I promise). The promenade plantee is a 1.5km walkway known as the Viaduc des Arts. Back in 1859, this walkway was part of the Paris Strasbourg Railway Company and was an elevated railroad track from the Place de la Bastille to the eastern outskirts of Paris. In the 1980s the City started to question what to do with the old railroad tracks ... and in 1994 it was turned into a promenade plantee. I took a ridiculous amount of photos - hence photography club, but I tried to pick out my favorites ... mostly flowers :) Hope you enjoy!
















1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! What type of camera do you use? I am looking for a new one (that I will NOT let the boys take a hold of). :)

    ReplyDelete