Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas in Paris, Deuxième Partie

Tonight, I met up with Helena for another adventure of discovering the Parisian Christmas vibe. We started out meeting at Odéon and decided we would head to the Saint Germain and Saint Sulpice marchés de noël.

The Saint Germain markets were all set up but not open :( and we never did find the market that's suppose to be at Saint Sulpice … I guess you can't really depend on the internet!


From there we walked around the 5th & 6th arrondissement, then decided to head to Le Marais via Notre Dame, then to Bastille. After that, we ended up walking towards Le Republique and eventually found our way back to Rue Rivoli and the Louvre.

BHV's (a local department store near Hotel de Ville) Christmas theme this year, pretty comical for me, considering all the Québécois comments I have heard while living here... and I will keep my thoughts to myself on this one ;) Hope my loved ones in Québec enjoy this as much as I did.

A new way to recycle, Christmas trees made out of old plastic sprite bottles!

All our walking made us a little hungry, so we decided to head over to La Mosaïque, a hot dog counter in the middle of the Marais! It's no Hebrew National hot dog, but if you're craving a hot dog in Paris, it's probably going to be the closest to authentic that you're going to get. The key being the hot dog bun. I probably eat a hot dog about once or twice a year, on the 4th of July or at a baseball game, so maybe I'm not the best judge, but it hit the spot for us. Yummy!

We walked about four hours before we decided to give up and head home … our last hour was pretty uneventful, I guess that's what you get when you just decide to wander the streets at night.

Helena and I departed at the bus stop. After four hours of walking, I succumbed to taking the bus home too. I'm on an experiment this month, I'm trying to avoid public transportation, and either walk or use the vélib; so far, I've only been lazy twice. Dana will be in for a real treat when she arrives on Wednesday :) he he he

No comments:

Post a Comment