Thursday, October 20, 2011

For All The PYPs

I will always be my father's little girl ... which in general is a good thing :o) This means my father is always somewhat looking out for me, even though I'm somewhat of an adult. These days since I'm looking for a job and my Dad thinks I'm a PYP (defined below), he will forward me job posts for highly specialized positions usually involving the World Bank (all of these jobs look pretty amazing but having a legal education I'm usually exempt from applying ... I guess we know what my father thinks my career trajectory should have been - he he he).

Yesterday, my father forwarded me an article from L'Express titled Mlle Ghosn enchante son pรจre (Miss Ghosn enchants her father) and tells me to read the article and check out her website. The article was about a former McKinsey lady who started a website called the Levo League for young professional women to help realize their dreams. The site was started this July and has already been recognized by Forbes Magazine. [Of course, no underlining subtle pressure that I should be enchanting my father in any near future with my photo in L'Express.]

The Levo League started with two former McKinsey ladies from the New York office. They decided too start their own website because they felt that there was a lack of personal and professional support available to young women today. (I totally agree!) In July 2011 Pretty Young Professional (PYP), their beta product, became The Levo League.

The website is geared to generation Y women (I guess being in my mid-thirties makes me old as I am a generation X women) but really I think it is geared to any young (I believe I am young ;o) so mid-thirties counts!) professional women. I think it's a great site and definitely a good guide for anyone looking for a job, career change, or career advancement. Since I know a majority of my readers are PYPs ;o) I figured I should share the site and of course give credit to my wonderful Dad!

Here is the site, I definitely recommend checking it out.





1 comment: