Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Night of Bling

Just another random weekend in Paris with lots of glitter, sequence, and feathers... and a little bit of Vegas! Curiosity peaked? This weekend's festival to be at was the Paris Burlesque Festival and the theme was Las Vegas Paradise. Well, a European version of a Las Vegas paradise.

When I think of burlesque I think of extravagant costumes, singing, and dancing (a movie with Christina Aguilera & Cher) so if I didn't know about the Vegas theme not sure I would of made the connection ... at least not till the after party, where there was a wedding chapel and a real live Elvis. This was my first real live Burlesque experience (as the movie doesn't count) and I've never been to Vegas so I wasn't really sure what to expect.

There were about 10 acts, and the last act was probably the closest to what I was expecting of my burlesque evening just because it included multiple performers. I was surprised at how internationally popular burlesque is, there was only one French lady, most of the artist came from Europe with a couple Brits and Italians, a German, and a group of Swedes but there was also an Australian, and a New Zealander. By the way, during the show, I just happened to be sitting next to the Swedish costume designer :o)

I had a blast! And I'm totally envious of their glitter lipstick; I need to find some to go with my pink wig.

Now the lighting sucked so I couldn't really take any photos but I did take a few at the after party and a short video of my favorite act, the Swedish ladies. (You can't see that well but at least you can kind of get a gist of the evening.) Hope you enjoy!




The Swedish costume designer / Elvis inside the Chapel [Heather this one's for you :o)]

1 comment: